Please note that this privacy statement forms part of our membership terms and conditions which you can read here
About this privacy statement
This privacy statement explains what information we may collect about you, how we may use it, and the steps we take to ensure that it is kept secure. We also explain your rights in respect of your personal data.
Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites/digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website/digital platforms that you visit.
Changes to this privacy statement
This Policy was last updated May 2018
Trafford Leisure complies with all applicable Data Protection Regulations. We may change this privacy statement from time to time and we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review the latest version.
What we do with the information we gather
All personal information that we collect about you will be recorded, used, and protected by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and this privacy statement. We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our service with you or which we receive from other organisations, for example, our partners or sponsors
In Broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- To administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in.
- To enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- To maintain a record of competitions that you play in
- To communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable.
- For fraud screening and prevention purposes.
- for record keeping purposes.
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer.
- To track your activity on our digital platforms.
- To create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences.
- To personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms.
- To personalise and/tailor any communications that we may send you.
- For profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
- To maintain a record of your golf handicap.
- To maintain a record of your fitness and swimming levels.
- To provide you with a membership subscription card to gain member access to facilities.
- To send subscription notices to you.
- To provide you with a membership.
- To retain your personal information on our membership database for the duration of your membership.
- To contact you with relevant correspondence.
- To provide you with specific marketing information based on your choices.
- To utilise images/videos in marketing with your consent.
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your:
- Personal – Name, address, email, telephone numbers, date of birth, gender.
- Product or service – type of enquiry, products or services you have used or bought from us, how you heard about us, who you work for, activities you are interested in, promotional offers you are interested in, membership categories of interest to you.
- Usage – activity usage and non-attendance.
- Image – if you participate in one of our activities or you become a member your photograph may be taken to allow our staff to verify you. Images may also be taken for marketing purposes, with your consent.
- Health – We may also record details of any carer or benefits to be eligible for Active Trafford membership, your GP, ethnicity, emergency contact numbers, any disability or health needs you may have at the time of booking an activity, event or service which will take place at Trafford Leisure or any of our other premises to help to ensure your comfort and safety.
- Preferences and Consent – how you would prefer us to contact you, what your health, wellness and fitness aims are, whether you wish to receive marketing information from us, use of your image for marketing and PR purposes.
- Risks – confirmation that you understand risks associated with certain activities such as gymnastics and climbing.
- Online accounts – When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
- Interact with our digital platforms – we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us create better content and more relevant communications: 1)How you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used 2)Your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system. 3)Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information sponsors and partners.
Who can see your information?
Our staff and service providers with access to our secure electronic systems will be able to see your information and modify your data
We may share your data with our carefully selected sponsors and partners (as may change from time to time) but we will only do this if you have consented to receive marketing relating to our sponsors and partners or if one of the conditions in the paragraph above applies.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
When do we collect personal data about you?
We may collect personal data about you to provide the best experience possible when you:
- Visit one of our websites, online booking services or mobile app.
- When you buy or enquire about any of our services online or offline.
- When you talk to us on the phone.
- Register to be a customer or patient with us or book to receive any of our services or treatments.
- Fill in a form or survey for us.
- Carry out a transaction on our website.
- Participate in a competition or promotion or other marketing activity.
- Make online payments.
- Contact us, for example by email, telephone or social media.
- participate in interactive features on any of our websites.
- If you join Trafford Leisure as a service provider.
- When you join any of our community programmes.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain periods of time:
- Financial date 7 years.
- Accident data for 3 years
- Membership contracts, direct debit mandates for 1 year after leaving.
- Health data, 1 year after leaving.
- Information from enquiries will not be retained after contact has been made unless marketing consent has been given.
If you are under 16
If you are under 16 and register areas of our digital platforms, we will collect your date of birth and retain that with your name and other details you may provide. This is so we can ensure we treat you in an age appropriate way in line with this policy.
For so long as you are under 16 we will not send you any marketing communications, allow you to access any of our digital platform message boards, or share your details with our Trafford Leisure commercial partners. However, if you have signed up to receive a product or service we may contact you about this.
If you are aged 13-15, you must first tell your parent or legal guardian that you wish to register on our digital platforms and get their consent. You must make sure that your parent or legal guardian knows and agrees each time before you:
- Email us, or ask us to email anything to you.
- Send any information to us.
- Enter any competition that requires information about you or offers a prize.
- Purchase an official membership, offer or agree to buy anything online.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a user of our digital platforms who is aged 13 to 15 we do not seek your direct consent to their registration, but we expect them to inform you and get your agreement in advance before they register and before each time they do any of the activities listed above.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
Please note: That for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our car parks which are open to the public.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access).
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification)
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’ which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing)\
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Where to contact us
If you have any questions about how Trafford Leisure uses your personal data that are not answered here or if you want to exercise your rights regarding personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Contact us form on the website
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Write to us at: Customer DPO, Trafford Leisure CIC, Marsland House, Marsland Road, Sale M33 3AQ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.